N- 400 -My mother is 83 years old she is applying for naturalization. Her son entered USA with tourist visa but he stayed.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Jacksonville, AL

He has not problems with the law, pay taxes and lives alone. We live in another state and my mother does not support him . He is 54 years old. Should I answer that he lives in State of New Jersey but we don't know his address in additional piece of paper? do you think it will affect mom's naturalization or my brother somehow? Oh I forgot my mom has Dementia of Alzheimer's type. She is in second stage but she still understand little bit of things and she is able to sign, can she apply for him with I-30? Thank you so much for your answers

1. Javier G Pineda

Answered . Once your mother naturalizes, she can file form I-130 for your brother. However, unless he is grandfathered by section 245(i), he will not be able to use your mother's 1-130 petition to apply for adjustment of status. Your brother should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to properly understand the process. Also, the waiting period can be from 7 to 19 years depending on where your brother was born. Good luck.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . If you do not know your brother's address, how are you going to file an I-130 for him?

You need to answer all questions on the N-400 truthfully.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.