Mydivorce was settled in 6yrs ago in fl and now both parties live in nc,i have filed in nc and she filed 2nd in fla. court???

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

mother is attempting to flee the country with new husband and have our old case heard in florida where we lived yrs ago but now we live in a different state and i filed first in present state of residence.what court preceeds

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

Answered . Your question isn't clear. It is always a good idea for anyone going to court to at least have a consultation with a local attorney to review all the details of the pending matter so informed decisions can be made going forward regarding the case. So I suggest that as your first course of action. You can find attorney contact info below or by searching among the profiles here on AVVO. Good luck!

2. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

Answered . The answer will depend on the jurisdictional requirements of NC and FL courts, neither of which am I familiar with. It may likely turn on how long the two of you have resided in NC. If you don't have an attorney representing you, you should find one to do so ASAP.