My younger sister had brain surgery, she had a tumor behind in her pituitary gland behind her eye and had it removed, it wasnt

Asked over 3 years ago - Savannah, GA

cancer, she had it removed because it was causing terrible migraines and she was a RN. Well after the surgery she still had migraines and complaints of a bad smell and coughing up and blowing nasty smelly stuff out of her nose. She was ignored by the Drs. They thought she was just out for pain meds, she died on her 39th birthday, she has a 4 yr old son, which my mom has adopted. My sister died of septic shock, so in other words the hospital sent her home with a infection. They finally sent her to Dr Goldsmith and he drilled a hole in her forehead in his office and drained all kind of smelly stuff out of her head and he said he wasnt going to give her antibiotics until he found out what it was. Do we have a case against the hospital or the dr or both. Can you help Thanks Barry Harris

1. Jonathan V O'Steen

1

Answered . I am very sorry to hear of your loss. This question is very case-specific and deserves a thorough analysis by an attorney, who will need to review your sister's records to determine whether any medical provider fell below the standard of care. You should seek an attorney in Georgia with expertise in medical malpractice cases. I can recommend Clint Sitton and Sam Starks at Martin & Jones.

2. Nicholas Paul Baker

1

Answered . What a tragedy. Because of the specific and technical review and expertise needed to properly assess a medical malpractice case such as this, it is necessary to find a local attorney who either has a doctor on staff (many good malpractice law firms do) or one that has the resources to hire the necessary experts. It may be a good idea to contact your local bar association for references, along with the reference from the other attorney commenter above. Here is the link to the Savanna Bar Association, they can help you with resources and finding such a specialized attorney: http://www.gabar.org/directories/local_and_circ...

3. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco

Pro

1

Answered . I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with the other attorneys. It is difficult to evaluate your case based on the limited information provided. It is always best to consult an experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney who can evaluate all the facts and help determine your next best course of action.

Dan Buttafuoco
    www.medical-malpractice-law-firm.net

Pro

1

Answered . A medical malpractice lawyer would need to order the medical records and have a doctor review.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  5. Nathaniel C Fick Jr

1

Answered . I am so very sorry to hear of this tragic loss. In the most simplistic sense, ANY TIME there is serious injury or death, a lawyer should be consulted. There are implications far beyond just whether there is a case or not a case, although that can be of initial critical importance, in terms of safeguarding evidence, identifying available witnesses, and confirming that there are no strange time issues which might later cause complications if there is a case.

My very best to you, and all family and loved ones.