My X husband was arrested for domestic violence.(resident)(green card)can he become citizen with having domestic violence?

he was arrested at our resident last year while he was a resident of united states. .he then joyed the army.last month he said he become a us citizen while working for army.my question is how did he become citizen with domestic violence while he could be deported .(is there any way i can make him leave the country for domestic violence ?) and is army has the power to clean his record?

Special rules of naturalization apply to immigrants serving in the military. Please direct any grievances to JAG.

Rajesh by that comment u made do u mean they might cleared out his record ?

Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

I don't think anyone can clear someone's criminal record. However, USCIS may naturalize a military personnel despite a criminal record by waiving certain requirements.

Thanks for the quick response

That will be up to USCIS.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.