My work visa expires on april, should I extend it or apply for I- 485. I have already submitted I-140, and waiting for approval?

Cincinnati, OH |
Filed under: Green cards

Should I wait for approval of I-140 and apply for I-485, or extend my current status

Assuming you are on H-1b or L-1.. i would do both
www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Assuming your priority date is current, I recommend that you file the adjustment application with the employment authorization document application as well as extend your nonimmigrant status.

www.brown-immigration.com

Yes. It is always right and proper to maintain status.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You should extend our current status. It appears that you may have filed the I-140 alone because you were not eligible to file the I-485 which would be the case if your priority date is not current. You have incomplete information to decide whether you are currently eligible to file I-485
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St. Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174