Skip to main content

My work is not following my dr. orders for my medical condition needs, is this legal?

Anaheim, CA |

i have a degenarative condition of my spine and im only 35 . i was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia recently after a year of disabling symtpoms that has caused me to be on restricted duty at work and missing many work days here and there. My work is denying me my dr. appointments because of "staffing issues" , and im not being accomadated for my condition. is this legal??

Attorney Answers 1


You should speak with an attorney who represents employees in disability discrimination cases. The California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) maintains a database of such lawyers on its web site, You can go to the web site and search for an attorney in your area. You also can call your local bar association for a referral.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful