My wife will not sign her portion of the divorce pappers. What can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Perris, CA

Been waiting for my ex-wife to file her portion of divorce papers and she is not doing so what can I do to finalize my divorce from her?

1. Gregory Paul Benton

2

Answered . If she has not filed a response to the Petition and Summons, then you can file for a Request For Default. If she won't sign a maritla settlement agreement or stipulation, then set the matter for a hearing and ask Judge to proceed via default or set the matter for a Trial. But, it sounds like you are stymied on knowing the correct procedures so I strongly suggest that you get an attorney.

2. Trevor L Hensley

Answered . It really depends on what papers you are talking about.

Have you personally served your wife with the petition and summons for dissolution?

If so, has she responded?

If she has responded do your petition and summons, what papers are you waiting for her to respond to?

I am sorry, but more information is required before an answer can be provided.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

Answered . File for default.

4. Edna Carroll Straus

Answered . Find out why she is not signing then fix the real problem. This is a symptom.