My wife was served last week fora case filed Jan 12. The SOL exp. in March 12. Does the SOL defense apply? JDB suit. Riverwalk

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brentwood, CA

The person serving the papers said that to "call the woman ( an attorney I later learned) to talk about this debt from Chase" there was no mention of my wife being sued. He never aksed who I was and I never said. he said my wife's name and i said "yes?"

1. Michael J Corbin

4

Answered . No, the SOL defense wouldn't apply since the case was filed before the SOL expired.

2. Bruce Allan Wilson

1

Answered . If case was filed prior to experiation of the SOL then it is not a defense, but you would generally plead it in the answer anyway.

BW

3. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

Answered . I handle these cases all the time. You need to have a lawyer review your papers. Feel free to call me for a free consultation at 415-441-1052.