My wife was just arrested for drinking and driving late tonight and is being held over night what is our next move.

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

She has never committed a crime is 49 years old mother of 2 was at a sales conference and was driving home and got in an accident. no one was hurt

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

6

Answered . Your next move is to post a bond through any local bond company. Then you'll need to hire an attorney experienced in handling these cases. They are technical cases, and there are many ways to beat them. Her first deadline expires in fifteen days, so start calling attorneys immediately. Most of us offer free consultations. This will give you a chance to learn about the legal process, get a feel for how different attorneys would approach your case, and find out about fees and payment plans. There is quite a bit of information about handling DWIs in Dallas County on my website (www.macyjaggers.com). You can go there to get a good overview of how this all works. Best of luck.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

5

Answered . Your wife needs to consult a DWI defense lawyer as soon as she can after release from jail. If you can't get her out, get a good DWI defense lawyer to go visit her.

3. Richard Timothy Jones

5

Answered . You need to get her released. Once released she will need a good lawyer. She also needs to request her ALR hearing so that her lawyer can try to save her license. You only have 15 days to request the hearing.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin DWI Lawyer
    512-495-1813

4. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

2

Answered . First, get her released through a reputable bondsman (given that it's been a few days since you posted, I am sure you've done this.)
    Second, Talk with several criminal defense attorneys in Dallas that handle DWI cases. This is a specific area of law that is not easy to just jump in to. Additionally, there is a time deadline to request an ALR hearing to try and avoid losing her drivers license. This should be done right away and a criminal defense attorney can help.
    Third, know that this is a long process that requires trust in your attorney and diligence on your wife's part. She should look inward, think about whether there is any thing in her life that could be used against her (statements made to others, posts on FB or other social media) and realize that her actions are being judged.

I handle DWI cases in several counties around Texas. I'd be happy to speak with your wife about her options and how I can help.

Good luck and feel free to contact me.