My wife was given a TRO for the 2nd time, I dropped it the first time ,this time I want to keep it enforced,

New Egypt, NJ |

I want to to stay enforced until we can talk to someone and work out issues and the divorce is over with..what do I need to do to make sure that Its keeped enforced .

The court will schedule a hearing and decide whether or not to grant a final restraining order.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

I am not sure I understand your question. You say your wife was given a TRO, but you dropped it. Do you mean you had a TRO against your wife? If you are seeking a Final Restraining Order(FRO), a hearing should have been scheduled within 10 days of when the TRO was entered. Following the hearing, the Judge will determine whether a FRO will be entered. You may also enter into a Consent Order which has Civil Restraints. Following a hearing, a FRO may not be granted, so by entering a Consent Order you may be granted some of the same protections as a FRO.
You should speak with an attorney to assist you with you. Best of luck to you.

This answer is being made for informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice. By responding to a question, no attorney-client relationship has been established.

Agreeing with both of the above, if it is the case that you want to convert your TRO into an FRO, you should have received notice of a court date which would generally be scheduled within ten days of the entry of the initial TRO. If you did not receive this, you should reach out to the court immediately or your TRO may be dropped when you do not appear to support it.

Recommended articles about Family law