My wife was driving my car and got a photo enforced speeding ticket. This occurred in Seattle.

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

Will the downtown Seattle court force me to name my wife and then give her a ticket? Give me a ticket if I don't name her?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Keola Aiona Siu

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The ticket will go to the registered owner of the vehicle, and you can always make a declaration to the Court of non-responsibility if you want the ticket to go to her. Consult with an attorney who specializes in ticket defense if you wish to contest this ticket.

  2. Vitaliy Kertchen

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Are you the registered owner? You will need to file a declaration of non-responsibility. The court may ask for the driver's name, but the law does not require you to name her.

  3. Joshua Doull

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is also good to know that photo enforcement tickets are not treated as traffic citations, but rather as parking tickets. This means that they do not go on your driving record and cannot affect your insurance. Though in this instance, you should still challenge this ticket as indicated above.

    This advice is merely provided as a general source of information and does not create an attorney client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,211 answers this week

3,201 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,211 answers this week

3,201 attorneys answering