My wife was denied a visa to come to the USA because i didnt make enough money the last year. Is there another way to do this?

Asked about 1 year ago - Murrieta, CA

We have been in the process for almost 6 years now. we married in the USA, and then returned to Peru, now we have kids and i moved by to fix things here and get ready for them to come but they denied her green card, so they are stuck there while i work here.

Additional information

She was denied because I didnt make enough money, and there is no way possible for a Co-sponsor.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Carl Michael Balediata

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Was she denied because of unlawful presence? You may have to apply for a waiver for her. If it was denied because you did not make enough money, you should have been able to submit a co-sponsor affidavit of support. I suggest you speak to an immigration attorney to have the case fully examined so you can get proper guidance. Good Luck.

    The answer provided is based only on information provided does not guarantee any outcome or establish attorney-... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are referring to an immigrant visa, the affidavit of support requirement must be met either by you or by a co-sponsor. There are no alternatives.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Find a co or joint sponsor and ask that they reconsider. You need to do this very quickly to avoid having to re-file.

  4. Jenna Kristin Gilbert

    Contributor Level 3

    Answered . You must make enough money under the Poverty Guidelines ( for your family size or find a co-sponsor. There are no alternatives to this.

  5. James Geoffrey Beirne


    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . I agree with the other answers. You know what the qualifying amount of income you need for an affidavit of support. If you do not make that level of income then get a co-sponsor and re-file the case.

  6. Theodore John Murphy


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Apply again after you make more money or find a joint sponsor.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,329 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,329 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering