My wife was denied a visa to come to the USA because i didnt make enough money the last year. Is there another way to do this?

Asked about 1 year ago - Murrieta, CA

We have been in the process for almost 6 years now. we married in the USA, and then returned to Peru, now we have kids and i moved by to fix things here and get ready for them to come but they denied her green card, so they are stuck there while i work here.

She was denied because I didnt make enough money, and there is no way possible for a Co-sponsor.

1. Carl Michael Balediata

2

Answered . Was she denied because of unlawful presence? You may have to apply for a waiver for her. If it was denied because you did not make enough money, you should have been able to submit a co-sponsor affidavit of support. I suggest you speak to an immigration attorney to have the case fully examined so you can get proper guidance. Good Luck.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . If you are referring to an immigrant visa, the affidavit of support requirement must be met either by you or by a co-sponsor. There are no alternatives.

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

2

Answered . Find a co or joint sponsor and ask that they reconsider. You need to do this very quickly to avoid having to re-file.

4. Jenna Kristin Gilbert

Answered . You must make enough money under the Poverty Guidelines (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf) for your family size or find a co-sponsor. There are no alternatives to this.

5. James Geoffrey Beirne

Pro

Answered . I agree with the other answers. You know what the qualifying amount of income you need for an affidavit of support. If you do not make that level of income then get a co-sponsor and re-file the case.

6. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . Apply again after you make more money or find a joint sponsor.