My wife signed inter spousal grant deed over to me on property . If i die will it go to her . thanks

Sun City, CA |

Inter spousal grant deed

1. If she signed it over to you as your separate property, whether she will get it after you die depends on several things. Do you have a will or living trust under which she gets your property? Do you have children? Are your parents still alive?

A probate attorney will help you determine what will happen to property after you die.

2. Your "question" makes a statement that may not be true. You need to consult an attorney to make certain that what you and your wife have done will accomplish the result you seek.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Business topics