My wife signed a blank check of hers and gave it to me. I later filled in the amount and cashed the check. she filed forgery ch

Asked over 3 years ago - Dallas, GA

She filed forgery charges against me. How would this be forgery if the check was blank but she signed it.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . It does not sound like forgery because her signature was authentic.

Have you been arrested? If so, hire a criminal defense lawyer and do not speak to the police without your counsel.

2. David Michael Cantor

Pro

Answered . Whether this could rise to "forgery" is going to depend on the forgery statute in Georgia however this does not sound like forgery. I suppose my question is why your wife filed a police report against you? Are you in the middle of a divorce? If so, this is something you need to speak with your divorce lawyer about immediately. Additionally, if you have been arrested and charged for this you need to find a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Good luck.

Nothing in this web post constitutes legal advice. If you have a legal question please see my main site at more