Skip to main content

My wife's attorney does not answer any questions. She did not even give me a financial Affidavit for mediation.

Miami, FL |

Just because I am acting Pro-Se, my wife's lawyer does not respond to my e-mails. She was served with a request for a financial affidavit for mediation, and she did not presented it.
She was later presented with a divorce agreement, and she has not replied. I would like to file a complain somewhere. Please let me know who should I complain about this lawyer.

Attorney Answers 3


File a motion to compel compliance with mandatory disclosure. You can get a form at the self help unit at the Miami family court. File the original with the clerk and send a copy to your wife's attorney. You can ask the self help unit to help you set a hearing. You will then need to send out the notice of hearing to the opposing attorney. At the hearing you will ask the judge to compel production of discovery items. Remember, you need to produce mandatory disclosure to the other side as well. There is a form called notice of compliance with mandatory disclosure, that details the items required. I wish you luck.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (786) 501-6655

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree


I agree with counsel. If you cannot afford a lawyer you should also check local legal aid. You are at a disadvantage without one if your wife has one.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with the other attorneys. Definitely file the motion and use the self-help center or call legal aid to see if your income qualified for help. Also, do you have any children and when is/was your mediation? If you "impassed," then you should be hearing soon about a status conference.

Use the link I've placed below for the Miami Family Law Self-Help Center/info.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. Leonore M. Greller, Esq. is a Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit and Family Mediator and a Qualified Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator and Arbitrator.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics