My wife open credit cards in my name without my knowledge or permission

Asked about 4 years ago - Hicksville, NY

I am going through a divorce and have discovered that my wife has open credit cards as me with her as the approved user then funneled money to pay off other credit cards that were under her name only that I was unaware of. I also found that she forged my singature on a number of withdrawl slips from our money market account that required 2 signatures and drained out all the money from all our accounts. What if anything can I do legally I already reported the Credit Card to the company and informed them that I never opened a card with them and do not have one.

1. Robert Craig Thurston

Answered . If you have an attorney representing you in the divorce, provide all of this information and documentation to that attorney. There should be a set off in the divorce for any alimony or property distribution she would receive.

You should also consider filing an identity theft / credit card fraud report with your local police. This will assist you later in repairing your credit and getting rid of the credit card charges.