My wife on L2 is 7 months pregnant & my L1 visa petition getting invalid...What should I do.We both have valid I94 till 2014!!!

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

I am finishing my 5 years in USA as L1B so my petition becomes invalid after 5 years and my wife is 7 month pregnant. I want her delivery to be happen here..We have valid i94 till 2014...Can we stay till her delivery?
What are the legal issues.? Please suggest...

FYI...My petition becomes invalid in may'2013 as i am finishing 5 years on L1B

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Best Answer

Answered . You r status is valid until the expiration of your I-94 in 2014.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . Your petition will only become "invalid" only upon the expiration date found on your I-94. For once admitted to the US it is the date on your I-94 that governs the terms of your stay and status validity in the US , and nothing else. You can safely continue working on L-1B status until the expiration date in 2014 and stay here for the delivery.
    Best wishes,
    Giacomo

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . If you will not be working on L-1B, you may want to change status or leave the U.S. Talk to an experienced immigration attorney to discuss options if any.