My wife moved out and is staying with her sister. We rent and she has asked me to remove her name from lease.

Madera, CA |

My wife moved out and is staying with her sister. We rent and she has asked me to remove her name from lease. Once the landlord removes her from the lease what right will she have regarding the house. Our two sons, ages 19 & 13 stayed here with me. I have not once refused to let her in but she has broken a tv and my iPhone, she has stolen money out of my wallet so I now have to keep it in my gun safe, she has been taking the mail and not giving it to me, i found my cell phone bill, new acct since she left, on the ground by the driveway open, and lastly when she does come by she is very disrespectful, complaining about everything and making messes and not picking it up. Just
being as rude as possible. What can I do here in California.
Thank you
Finally Free in Cali

The landlord has already agreed to remove her. No hassle there I want to know what rights she would have since we are still married

With respect to the lease issue, it is going to depend upon whether your landlord is agreeable to remove your wife from the lease. The landlord does not necessarily have to agree to remove her, especially if she still comes by the house.

Your lease may not allow for her to be removed. Consult with a local attorney to see if this is possible. The landlord might think this does not benefit him therefore he won't do it. Good luck.

Arnold & Wadsworth
http://www.awdivorceutah.com