My wife lives in MA, I live in TX. We got married in NH. Is there a way she can file for same-sex divorce from MA?

Manchester, NH |

We got married in NH, papers were signed in Manchester, we lived together for a month in Fall River, MA. I moved back to TX about 5 years ago and she stills lives in MA. She is willing to cooperate with me to file for divorce as we have been separated for the last 5 years. We have no children or property together. Neither party wants anything from the other except the divorce. Is there a way for her to file from MA? She has legal residency and the proof to show it of the last 6 months.

I believe she should be able to file in MA since that is her state of residence as well as the last place you two lived together. However, I am not licensed in MA so I would recommend that she speak with an attorney locally to confirm this and to obtain specific advice regarding the process, etc.

Recommended articles about Family law