My wife left the U.S. for a few years to care for her aged mother. Upon her return her Green Card was revoked for abandonment.

Asked 4 months ago - San Antonio, TX

We have both lived and worked in the U.S. for 20 years. I am still a Green Card holder. She did not abandon the U.S. as she came back numerous times to visit. Is there some way we can appeal to get her Resident Alien status reinstated?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

23

Answered . There is no direct appeal, but as a green card holder you can sponsor her for another green card.

Please see

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . A finding of the abandonment of her lawful permanent resident status cannot be appealed. You will now need to start the entire process of sponsoring her for a green card. Seek to consult with, and hopefully hire an experienced immigration lawyer to help you with all this.

3. Edward James Kazaleh

2

Answered . It is gone.
    Is there some reason she did not get a US Citizenship 17 years ago onward?
    It is an immigration TO America to become an American document, not a travel freely document.

4. Lalita Haran

1

Best Answer

Answered . It is a little too late to question revocation. But refiling for her is a better option. Seek help if you would like to know how to speed it up. Best Wishes!