My wife is wearing daily a scarf (for religious purpose). Is a photo taken with a scarf acceptable for filing I300?

Asked 11 months ago - Omaha, NE

1. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

2

1

Answered . She has to meet the requirements outlined in the photo request. Good Luck.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

2

1

Answered . Depends on how she is wearing the scarf. If it hides her facial features then she may need to take it off for the photo.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Her facial features should be visible, at a minimum. That is the purpose of the picture, i. e to identify one individual from another. Therefore, if her veil hides her individual facial features, it would not be sufficient for official purposes of immigration proceedings/applications. You could certainly find a place where a woman can take her picture in seclusion for modesty purposes, if her/your religion requires it. Good luck!