Skip to main content

My wife is sentenced 60 days in county jail at Lynwood how long will she do

Huntington Park, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

She in there for a non violent crime embezzlement to be exact it a second offense but the first one was dismissed

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    There is no certain answer to this question. But it sounds like she was placed on probation and ordered to serve 60 days as a condition thereto. By law, she does approximately 2/3 of the time (for every 4 days, she gets 6 days credit) for good time/work time credits. However, with the extreme over-crowding in all the jails of Los Angeles County, she will likely do less. That is where the uncertainty comes to play. That is entirely dependant on the number of inmates, their respective classifications, etc. The informal survey my colleauges and I have been doing since the re-allignment (state prisoners housed at local levels) is approximately 10-20% actual time is served when the person is serving time as a probationer (instead of as a state prison sentence served at the local level). A word of caution - do not rely on the sheriff's website for the expected release date. That date always gives the longest date (without early release calculations).

  2. Ask the counsel of record please.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  3. There is no means by which to give you an exact date with these facts.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics