My wife is saying she is gonna leave state is there anything i can do about it

Asked over 1 year ago - Elizabethtown, KY

We are separated and i am getting ready to file for devorce

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

1

8

Answered . If there are no children involved, then yes. If there are children involved, I suggest you contact a local divorce attorney and file as soon as possible so as to stop her from moving the child(ren) from you. Best of Luck.

2. John Tyler Dunigan

Answered . More information is needed to answer this question. As mentioned earlier, you can stop her from leaving with minor children. If there are no children then I am not sure of your concern? As you are separated, have you already split your personal items and financial accounts? Is there marital property that must be divided? It is always best to file while she is in the state and have the status quo order go into effect before she leaves with marital funds if this is there are any. In any event, she does not have to be in the state to divorce her. There are multiple issues to your question so you should speak to an attorney.

3. Paula Brown Sinclair

Answered . As an adult, she is free to travel and live wherever she wishes.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.