My wife is in help court ...what can we do to get her out of help court

Gainesville, GA |

her charge is battery on her mom but her mom don't wont to testafie what can we do to get her out of this help court and get her probation

1. I am sorry that your wife is going through this. If your mother will not testify and there is no other evidence against her then she should be ok, please work with a local attny or a public defender and take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. Your mom cannot refuse to testify if she is subpoenaed. If she does not testify, she will be held in contempt of court and be subject to serving jail time and/or paying fines herself. What your wife needs is an attorney. If you cannot afford one, apply for a court appointed attorney.

3. "Getting her on probation" may be a terrible goal. There are several defenses that are available for your Wife, and you need to invest in at least a consultation with a local lawyer. Seriously. Going in to court without a solid defense, or someone to speak on your behalf, is the same as letting the wolves tend your sheep.
    please remember that battery is a violent crime, will follow her forever, disqualify her from many opportunities, and even affect her 2nd amendment rights to protect herself. Please call a local attorney, and soon.
    Good Luck
    Josh Schiffer

Hey Look, A Disclaimer. And it is kind of witty. Kind of. To wit: Information Provided SHOULD NOT be relied upon as binding legal advice as no advice can be reliable unless a full review of all facts has been conducted. No attorney-client relationship exists unless there is a signed retainer between the parties. My Firm does not offer ANY tax advice. The Most Costly and Expensive Advice you will ever get is from a Cheap Lawyer. Do yourself a favor and interview several lawyers before choosing the one that works best for you. Remember, Bad Lawyers make all their money through marketing. Good Lawyers make all their money by winning cases.