My wife is filing her tax return and its asking for my SS number,my visa is still pending so I don't ave one yet,what do we put?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chesterfield, VA

It is asking or my SS number on my wife's tax return, but as my visa is still pending I do not have a social security number, what do we do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Angie Lee Smith

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You would have to put your ITIN number instead of your SSN. You can obtain an ITIN by completing a W-7.

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,710 answers this week

2,944 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,710 answers this week

2,944 attorneys answering