My wife is filing her tax return and its asking for my SS number,my visa is still pending so I don't ave one yet,what do we put?

Chesterfield, VA |

It is asking or my SS number on my wife's tax return, but as my visa is still pending I do not have a social security number, what do we do?

1. You would have to put your ITIN number instead of your SSN. You can obtain an ITIN by completing a W-7.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The answer to question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. Ms. Smith is licensed to practice law throughout the state of Florida with offices in Duval County. She is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. Her phone number is 888-741-0272 and her email address is info@taxsmith.com.