Skip to main content

My wife is being replace by a illegal-immigrant.

Guyton, GA |

She is a server and was asked to work 6 days a week 12 to 13 hours per day. Only for $500.00 per month. She should earn $951,24 for working 338 hours with normal taxes with held. Because she refused to work for $500.00 plus paying normal taxes. Now she has been reduced to part time work. They have replaced he full time position with a Chinese illegal-immigrant making $500.00 under the table and pay no taxes. What should I do. I am a legal immigrant. This is very unfair.

Attorney Answers 4


Contact your local Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office or make an info pass appointment and ask to speak with an ICE officer.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You can file a complaint with ICE.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

13 lawyers agree


This is not an ICE forum. We cannot comment on the fairness of that, only tell you that if you feel law was violated, you should report to ICE.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Your wife should also consult a wage and hour attorney. If she was a tipped employee, the employer met all the rules associated with the tip credit, and she worked 72 hours a week, she should probably have received gross weekly pay of $269.20. If she was not a tipped employee, or the employer did not correctly apply the tip credit rules, she shoud probably have been paid $637.84 per week. She should contact an employment lawyer. Check the website fot the Georgia affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association,, for a listing of Georgia employmetn lawyers. Good luck

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics