My wife is a U.S. citizen I came to the United States almost nine years ago on a tourist visa b-2 my question

Plainfield, IN |

my wife is a U.S. citizen I came to the United States almost nine years ago on a tourist visa b-2 my question is I have to go back to my country for a visa and if my case goes through the National Visa Center department of state ?

You can apply for adjustment of status in the U.S.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

If you haven't departed since your initial entry, then you are likely eligible to adjust status through an immediate relative petition and an application to adjust status (Form I-485).

If you can prove your legal entry, you can adjust status in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

From what your post contains I do not think you should have to go to your country for visa. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com