My wife has L2 and she is outside US right now. I have applied for Adjustment of Status.

Asked 7 months ago - Houston, TX

So my wife has L2 and she is outside US right now. I have applied for Adjustment of Status and I have not received my Advance Parole or my EAD documents yet. My question is, while I am waiting for these documents, can my wife travel on L2?

Secondly, once I receive these documents would my wife still be able to travel on L2?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If you are still maintaining your L1 status, yes, otherwise - no.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Your wife can travel to the United States while your application for adjustment of status is pending assuming you are still in valid L-1 status. Your wife would still be able to travel after you receive those documents. However, she will not be able to travel with the L-2 visa if you are not in compliance with the terms if your L-1 visa (such as not working for the employer) or once you adjusted status.

    Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (... more
  3. Harry Asatrian


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes & yes. As long as the AOS is pending you still retain the underlying nonimmigrant visa status unless you change same by traveling abroad and entering on the advance parole or filing an affirmative COS.

    This is not legal advise and should not be construed as such by anyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,234 answers this week

2,927 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary