My wife has filed an I-130, and they recently accepted, how long do I have to wait for an interview? I've been outside the U.S

Asked over 1 year ago - Winter Haven, FL

I left under voluntary departure.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . A few months. Do you need an unlawful presence waiver?

2. Heather Morcroft

6

1

Answered . Times vary. If you go to www.uscis.gov they have a chart for the various petitions and locations that gives you a range of time estimates for responses.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  3. Stephen D. Berman

6

Answered . Hard to say, there may even be an interview in the U.S. with your wife first. At the earliest, one year from now.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

1

Answered . About 4-12 months.

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . Assuming your wife is a US citizen, rather than a permanent resident, it usually takes 6 months to 1 year before you will scheduled for an interview. If you were in the US for more than 6 months unlawfully you likely need a waiver. This will probably add some time to the process. If you had been in the US more than once unlawfully you may have additional issues.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com