My wife has falsely accused me of abuse. Can I get custody of my children because of alienation of a parent?

Asked over 2 years ago - Beckley, WV

My wife filed a false Domestic Violence Petition against me back in October. Since then, she has tried everything to discredit me and keep my children from seeing me. In mid-December, the Family Court granted me visitation rights on the weekends. That lasted for 3 weeks, and then my wife dropped the petition so she could keep me from seeing my children (No visitation rights).

I filed for divorce on March 13th, 2012. Is it possible for me to get custody of my children (17 and 9 years old) because of my wife's prolonged efforts to keep me from seeing my children?

1. Timothy A Bradford

Answered . False child abuse accusations can be a factor in determining child parenting/custody in West Virginia. You should seek the advice of an attorney who deals in child custody and divorce cases.