My wife has an interview for immigrant visa in Pakistan embassy, what does she need to take to her interview?

Charlotte, NC |

All original documents have been sent to the embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. What questions should she prepare for?

Without knowing more, the type of visa she'll be interviewed for, etc., all I can suggest is that she bring along all the original documents with which she qualified or applied for the visa, such original diploma, marriage certificate, proof of the bona fides of the marriage, if applicable, and etc.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

All originals were already sent to the embassy from NVC. she doesn't have any originals on her. Should she take wedding pics?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Yes. And copies of wedding invitations, list of invitees, etc, etc.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Carefully read the instruction letters from the MVC, the embassy, etc. that address all of these questions.

All original documents any document requested and if to establish eligibility based on relationship evidence of the relationship

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.

she doesn't have any original documents on her. I think they are already sent to the embassy from NVC. So they still need documents? i thought only Passport, police clearance and passport photos only..

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

The interview notice specifically refers to what they need.

Whatever documentation listed on her interview notice.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

You can check the us consulate website in Pakistan for information, but otherwise, my colleagues have given you what you need to know.