Skip to main content

My wife granted asylum two years ago and she petitioned me and i got the visa x yy i want to know whether i am in process-

San Bruno, CA |

to get the green card or i must apply to get it. if i have to apply what is the form that i have to fill?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Your wife must have filed for her green card by now why don't you ask her which form to use.

  2. Pursuant to 8 C.F.R . section 209.2, the spouse of an asylee can apply for adjustment as a permanent resident. Get a good consultation to insure you are eligible to file for adjustment. It should be done at the same time as your wife. Do not try to do on your own but consult with counsel immediately. A full review of all the facts will be required. Seek help now.

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics