My wife got a pedicure at a nail salon. My wife developed a bad rash (fungal) on her shin and ankle. Can we go after the salon?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

During the pedicure a hot towel was placed where the infected rash is. My wife has been to the doctors three times for this, over the last two months and she now has shown signs of the rash on her body, arms, etc. The doctor did take a biopsy of the area last week, we should hear back this week. It has been a total of almost three months and she still has the rash. Is it time to contact the salons insurance company? My wife has lost time from work and our insurance doesn't cover some of the prescriptions. What is the next step?. Thank you.

1. Christopher Francis Earley

Pro

9

Answered . Hi,

Sorry to hear what she has been going through. Sadly, these types of incidents happen at nail salons much too frequently. She has a potential negligence case against the salon that she may pursue.

Chris Earley

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

9

Answered . The big question is can you prove the injuries are causally related to the Salon's negligence. You should seek the aid of a local personal injury attorney if you have substantial damages. Good luck.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney right away. There are indeed cases brought against nail salons for similar problems.

Best of luck.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . The next step is to contact local and qualified counsel. This will be a difficult claim to prove. Speedy recovery to your wife.

5. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . Sorry to hear about your wife’s situation. You should also think about contacting the state/local governmental entity that licenses/investigates nail salons to report your wife’s rash.

6. Richard Carey Hyman

2

Answered . You should definitely contact a personal injury attorney to look into pursuing a claim against the salon. A key factor will be whether her doctor or some other specialist is able and willing to state that it was the hot towel on the infected area that resulted in her problems thereafter. Good luck and I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

Pro

3

Answered . Retaining a local personal injury lawyer to investigate is the next step, yes.

8. Stacy E Pepper

Pro

1

Answered . The real question is what is your wife's damages and were they caused by the "hot towel"? You will likely answer your own question when you get the results to the biopsy back.