My wife got a pedicure at a nail salon. My wife developed a bad rash (fungal) on her shin and ankle. Can we go after the salon?

Boston, MA |

During the pedicure a hot towel was placed where the infected rash is. My wife has been to the doctors three times for this, over the last two months and she now has shown signs of the rash on her body, arms, etc. The doctor did take a biopsy of the area last week, we should hear back this week. It has been a total of almost three months and she still has the rash. Is it time to contact the salons insurance company? My wife has lost time from work and our insurance doesn't cover some of the prescriptions. What is the next step?. Thank you.

1. Contact a personal injury attorney right away. There are indeed cases brought against nail salons for similar problems.

Best of luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. The next step is to contact local and qualified counsel. This will be a difficult claim to prove. Speedy recovery to your wife.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

3. The big question is can you prove the injuries are causally related to the Salon's negligence. You should seek the aid of a local personal injury attorney if you have substantial damages. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

4. Hi,

Sorry to hear what she has been going through. Sadly, these types of incidents happen at nail salons much too frequently. She has a potential negligence case against the salon that she may pursue.

Chris Earley

5. Sorry to hear about your wife’s situation. You should also think about contacting the state/local governmental entity that licenses/investigates nail salons to report your wife’s rash.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

6. Retaining a local personal injury lawyer to investigate is the next step, yes.

7. You should definitely contact a personal injury attorney to look into pursuing a claim against the salon. A key factor will be whether her doctor or some other specialist is able and willing to state that it was the hot towel on the infected area that resulted in her problems thereafter. Good luck and I wish your wife a speedy recovery.

8. The real question is what is your wife's damages and were they caused by the "hot towel"? You will likely answer your own question when you get the results to the biopsy back.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com