My wife gonna end our 6 months marriage, im illegal in u.s. if i marry to another u.s citizen, is that helps ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Lake Zurich, IL

My wife supposes to help me to get the green card, but our marriage seems like go to the end. I used to hold a F1 visa, but not anymore right now. But I still wanna stay in U.S. Is possible to marry another U.S citizen to help me get apply immigration? What kind risk I will take?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

1

Answered . You will have to prove the bona fides of both marriages. Don't just get married to get a green card.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

3

Answered . Your biggest risk is the risk of a finding of marriage fraud. This could get you deported and permanently barred from the USA. Do not underestimate the USCIS ability to find any fraud if you are not marrying for love.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

2

1

Answered . Keep as much evidence of the first marriage as possible (photos, bills, bank ststements, lease agreements, insurance statements, etc.

Next schedule an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Our office can help you sort out your immigration future by spending enough time to understand and express a plan based upon your specific situation. We are in Chicago near the USCIS.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  4. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . This is mote of an immigration than simply a prenuptials question. I have forwarded your inquiry to the immigration lawyers.

5. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . What you are describing is pure and simple immigration fraud in the past and you are now seeking to do it again. You could land in jail and be deported for life.

Marriage fraud is a lifetime bar to any immigration benefits.