My wife entered the borders with her B2 visa although she has F1 visa. She didn't have her I-20 in hand at that time.

Asked about 1 year ago - Miami, FL

she did that because the school notified her very late about her acceptance into the program (Dental Residency) and that she must show up for the mandatory orientation. What is the best option to correct her situation after getting the I-20 in hand ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Hiring an experienced immigration attorney in Florida.

2. Robert Victor Torrey

3

Answered . I encourage you to speak with the DSO at the school where your wife was accepted. The easiest way to correct her status is to obtain the I-20, leave the US and re-enter with the I-20 and the F-1 visa. A change of status would be problematic and take too much time.

3. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

2

Answered . My wife entered the borders with her B2 visa although she has F1 visa - does not make sense. Did she have two visas in her passport?