My wife didnt want to go with me to my Green card interview

85021 |

Hello sir
I was looking for a good attorney for my case , which is (Green Card) and this is a summery / brief of my story :
I came to USA through K-1 Visa , I am 24 years old and my Wife 41 years old , shes a citizen here , we got married here after about 10 days I got here
After 7 months things didn’t work between us and she didn’t want to go with me to my Green card Interview which was 09/23/2013 , she o I moved from her house before the Interview by 6 days of the date of the interview which is 09/17/2013 , and I asked an attorney for a consultation , and he told me to file a divorce before that she does , and that’s what I did so I filed a divorce in 09/19/2013 (4 days before the interview ) , and now I have my WORK PERMIT and my social and everything , I just still waiting for them

hello sir / Mistress/ Madam

1. First of all, not all attorneys are 'sir.' You do need a good attorney to get you out of this complicated situation. May be you should hire that attorney who advised you to get a divorce. Good luck.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

2. Why aren't you hiring the attorney that you paid for a consultation?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. The attorney would not be able to substitute the wife at the interview. Divorce would not resolve you problem. It must have not been an immigration attorney who gave you an advice otherwise.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

4. Lawyers are both male and female. Best bet is to call one of the above lawyers to discuss in full

Marriage and prenups topics