My wife came here in F-1 visa, she is out of status now ,what should I mention on N-400,Part 8 E 3 regarding her status?

My wife came here in F-1 visa, because of financial problems she was unable to maintain her student status, I already filed her i-130, which was approved and waiting for visa number to become current, I am applying of my citizenship now, so what should I mention about her status on part 8 of N-400? will it be easy for her to get the LPR once I become a citizen? Does she have to go back to the country and come back again? how long will it take for her to be get a greencard once I will be the citizen?

Los Angeles, CA -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes, you should be truthful in answering all the questions on the form.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

When completing immigration forms and answering questions in immigration interviews, the answers should always be the truth.

Yes, she can get a green card after you are a US citizen and petition her.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

Andrea Felice Szew

Andrea Felice Szew

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes you should always be truthful when answering questions on any form you will submit to USCIS. If you have a question with regard to a particular anwser please contact an experienced Immigration Attorney to assist you.