My wife and I share 50% joint custody of our 2 adolescent children.

Sacramento, CA |

according to our MSA, I have been paying my ex wife about $1200 per month yet she refuses to allow them to bring any of the clothing she bought for them to my house. I do , of course, have other clothing that I bought for them, but the point is, she thinks the $ I give her is some kind of "gift". am I correct in my thought that I have paid for 50% of the kids clothing (that she bought and keeps at her home) and therefore am entitled to have them be allowed to keep or exchange some of that clothing with other clothing I have bought for them. ?

Not exactly. You aren't entitled to have 1/2 of the clothing because you pay support. Honestly, it sounds like she is being totally unreasonable, but it is not worth the headache and cost of litigating it. Focus more on the big-ticket items--if you've spent more time with the children since the order was made, if either party's income has changed, etc. If any of those things have changed, then it may be a good idea to go to court. Otherwise, the situation you describe is an unfortunate one--but not worth fighting in my opinion. What a pain! :)

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody