My wife and i have Been married for three months. She wants to divorce but refuses the idea of counseling

Asked over 1 year ago - Hesperia, CA

we have no children and she claims that she is just not happy. how can i legally make her attend counseling with me to make sure that she is making the right decision?

1. Michael Charles Schwerin

5

Answered . There is no legal way to force her to attend counseling.

2. Michael Douglas Shafer

3

Answered . You cannot. Chalk it up to experience. Stuff happens.

3. Erik Wayland Newton

Pro

3

Answered . The Mikes are right on this one. You can't force her into therapy.

Since you've been married for such a short time, you may qualify for summary dissolution. If you do end up divorcing, at least make the process easy on yourself. Here's a link to an article I wrote on summary dissolution for your benefit: