My wife and i have Been married for three months. She wants to divorce but refuses the idea of counseling

Asked over 1 year ago - Hesperia, CA

we have no children and she claims that she is just not happy. how can i legally make her attend counseling with me to make sure that she is making the right decision?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Charles Schwerin

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no legal way to force her to attend counseling.

    Michael Schwerin, San Jose, California phone: 408-295-4232 email: Consultation fees,... more
  2. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot. Chalk it up to experience. Stuff happens.

  3. Erik Wayland Newton


    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The Mikes are right on this one. You can't force her into therapy.

    Since you've been married for such a short time, you may qualify for summary dissolution. If you do end up divorcing, at least make the process easy on yourself. Here's a link to an article I wrote on summary dissolution for your benefit:

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,687 answers this week

3,060 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,687 answers this week

3,060 attorneys answering