My wife and I both had bank accounts at the same bank, She had her own account, plus both of us has a joint account together. T

Asked almost 2 years ago - Gallipolis, OH

My wife and I both had bank accounts at the same bank, She had her own account, plus both of us has a joint account together. They did something call "Bounce Protection" which basically was a gimmack to get more money out of a customer. My wife stopped using the account she had by herself and we used our joint account exclusively.
Last month, I complained about the excessive fees and attempted to get them to return them to me. Since then they have debited over $500 from the joint account claiming it was to repay them money owed from my wifes account. Of course I had already paid several bills on-line which had not yet been processed by the bank, so they charged me overdraft fees for anything that came in after they essentially stole the money from me. I also had problems with the people I had paid before they took the money but the bank refused to honor the transaction.
I just looked at my account and they are still taking fees out of my account, even though, except for a $100.00 tranfer in and a $100 ATM transaction out, I have not used the account. According to them, I have $0.00 in my account even though I have around $3 before. I plan on closing the account as soon as I am sure my direct deposits have stopped. They had made no attempts to collect my wife's debt or contact me about anything before they took the money. They did not even warn me that they were taking the action.
I have filed complaints with the FDIC, FCPB and Ohio Attorney General with no results. They have taken action that prohibits me from getting accounts at other banks and I'm sure they have hurt my credit rating somehow. I need an attorney to help me file a suit against this bank. Is there anyone out there willing to help the little man against a corporate giant that is out of control?

1. Harry N. Konst

Answered . With all the facts of this case, you would do well to sit down with an attorney on your area and get a consult.