My wife (US citizen) is saying she will not go to the interview (greencard) which is scheduled in three week. What can I do?

I came to the US on a student Visa and have been here for 10 years. My wife and I have been married for 3 years. We are currently separated and she said she is not going to the interview which is scheduled on January 7th 2013. She also wants a divorce. I've been told I can file a self-petition. I only have two affidavits, one from her cousin and one from a school official. I am generally a reclusive person so though people can see I was stressed, I never voiced the detailed nature of what I was going through. I know that her not showing for the interview exemplifies another abusive move, along with numerous times she threatened to divorce me throughout the marriage. I have one misdeamonr charge (3 years ago) which she never failed to mention throughout the marriage.

Roswell, GA -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleagues.

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

You need to speak with an attorney to discuss your options based on your particular facts and to see if you can move forward based on emotional abuse.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

you absolutely must meet with an attorney as-soon-as-possible.