My Websites were moved without my permission now they do not function and host gator wants me to pay 75.00 or more.

Clifton, TX |

My i net hosting company moved my sites to another (server) changing ip's in which I had for several years now they do not work. They notified me the were happy to announce They were updating hardware on Aug. 28th 2013 and would notify me when it was done . They did NOT notify me and I contacted them about on Sept. 11th 2013 .After many e mails with them apologizing in each one about their screw up they now say I will have to pay them at least 75.00 to get my sites working when they were working FLAWLESSLY before their so called MIGRATION !!!!
Their MIGRATION has caused me MIGRAINS . What legal action can I take against them if any to make them put my sites back as they were on Aug 28 ? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Just found this maybe a class action suit is needed http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/824422-hostgator-problems-any-suggested-alternatives.html

1. Whether you have a case against Host Gator will depend on your contract with them. I doubt it promises not to change IP's.

You have a $75 problem and you are looking for a legal answer that will cost you thousands of dollars. While I believe you should not have to pay for their migration flaws; it is important to you to be up and running. Pay the $75 and move on with your business.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

2. You should start by reviewing the terms of service and any agreements you signed with the hosting company.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum.

Internet law topics