My waterheater is leaking and we informed he land lord, she did not fix the problem and it damaged alot of our property.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Myers, FL

We agreed on paying rent after the heater was fixed now we are getting evicted is there anything we can do?

1. Edward J. Fucillo

2

Answered . Under Florida Statue 83.60, if you want to withhold rent due to a material non-compliance by the landlord, you must first properly give a 7 day notice to the landlord specifying the non-compliance. If you failed to give proper notice to the landlord, you may have waived that defense to a suit for eviction.

I recommend that you consult with a local attorney a.s.a.p. to review the specific facts of your situation.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . You gave damages.

You have grounds to sue the LL.

Those facts may give you a defense to the eviction (about which you posted no facts.)

See a LL-T attorney.