My wages are being garnished, I live in MO and work in KS, where do I go to file the head of household exemption, MO or KS?

Grandview, MO |
Filed under: Wage garnishment

Live in Missouri, work in Kansas. The garnishment is out of the Cass County Court in Missouri. Need to know which state I go to to file the head of household exemption.

You need to claim the exemption, assuming it is available, at the court that issued the garnishment.

Thank you!

As my colleague indicated, Missouri. It might be worth having an attorney review the case file to see if there is any basis for challenging the judgment or, if it was a default, to have it set aside.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt