My visa is expired for Algeria can I go to the consulate and receive a new one and how can I become legal here?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Rapids, MI

I married my husband in 2011 here in Algeria and left that April. I then returned in March of 2012 became pregnant and the person I trusted most took my money and ran in the states it is why I am now stranded here. They would not renew my visa for a third time even though it would not expire until Dec. 2012. Now I am completely illegal here and I have a newborn what can I do. Can i become legal or not and how can I do that? How can I renew my visa here as I still have no way home?

I am currently stranded in Algeria and I am a United States Citizen. I wish to know how to become a citizen of Algeria and how to renew my visa while I am still here in Algeria. I apologize for the confusion.

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

Based on what you wrote, it is not clear exactly what is happening. You need to meet with an immigration attorney and discuss all history and all details of the situation, so that the attorney can determine if something could be done to help.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . I am completely confused about the substance of your question. In fact, I cannot even figure out whether you are here in the USA or in Algeria illegally. Pardon me.

3. Michael M. Yalovenko

Pro

1

Answered . It is impossible to answer the question because it is not clear where you are and what is going on.