My visa is expired for Algeria can I go to the consulate and receive a new one and how can I become legal here?

Asked over 1 year ago - Grand Rapids, MI

I married my husband in 2011 here in Algeria and left that April. I then returned in March of 2012 became pregnant and the person I trusted most took my money and ran in the states it is why I am now stranded here. They would not renew my visa for a third time even though it would not expire until Dec. 2012. Now I am completely illegal here and I have a newborn what can I do. Can i become legal or not and how can I do that? How can I renew my visa here as I still have no way home?

Additional information

I am currently stranded in Algeria and I am a United States Citizen. I wish to know how to become a citizen of Algeria and how to renew my visa while I am still here in Algeria. I apologize for the confusion.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

    Based on what you wrote, it is not clear exactly what is happening. You need to meet with an immigration attorney and discuss all history and all details of the situation, so that the attorney can determine if something could be done to help.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am completely confused about the substance of your question. In fact, I cannot even figure out whether you are here in the USA or in Algeria illegally. Pardon me.

  3. Michael M. Yalovenko


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is impossible to answer the question because it is not clear where you are and what is going on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,207 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,207 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering