My visa application is currently undergoing administrative processing.

Omaha, NE |

During my interview I was given 221(g) and asked to submit additional documents. I submitted the same. After few weeks I had sent a random query to support@ustraveldocs.com regarding my application and I received their reply soon after. However, the reply was in a standard format where there were various columns like name, case number etc. however one column caught my attention and it said Reason: Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B. Now I would like to know the reason they wrote 214B refusal also & not just 221G, is it because my application is refused or is it written in all cases related to administrative processing. Current status of my application is still "under review", Does 214B mean the answer would be 100% a negative one. Please advise, thanks

Thank you so much for replies but if immigration intent is the reason than why my application is still under processing. I had written an application requesting return of my passport but I haven't heard on that front either. I applied for a summer school F1 in may and was given 221g, after 2 weeks admission deadline on my summer school I-20 passed. I informed them of the same and thereafter I received I-20 for full time school beginning fall an then they asked me submit my new I-20 which I did. I recently received an email from ustraveldocs that my application has been escalated and in process to be reviewed. Thanks

Seems that your visa application is pending background & name checks while at the same time it is also being considered for denial under INA 214(b), due to most likely, insufficient ties to your home country and suspicion that you may stay in the US if allowed in as a visitor or student. Stay tuned and wait for the decision to arrive. You will know then for sure.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

214(b) means that the Consul is not persuaded that you are a bona fide nonimmigrant.

There is no way that anyone can tell you "why" the consulate wrote "214B refusal".

Section 214(b) refers to the presumed intention to immigrate to the US, that you must overcome. Not sure what type of visa your are applying for but H-1B/H-4, L-1/L-2 categories are not subject to Section 214(b) as they have "dual intent" and are an exception to the need to overcome the immigrant intent presumption.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Because you have apparently not met your burden of establishing that you will return home and not remain in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Hi, If that is the case why is my case still being under processing. The consulate has also not returned my passport even though I gave a written application 5 days back. Thanks.

It appears they think you are a non-immigrate.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one.