My visa (F-1) and passport expired . Can I still get a Drivers's license?

Asked 10 months ago - Oak Grove, KY

I'm married to a US citizen and we have a kid together. I am in the process of applying for a green card.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . When you receive an EAD work permit, you should be able to apply for a drivers license.

2. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . When you get your work permit and social security card, you should be able to apply for a drivers license.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

1

Answered . In my state, you couldn't. It depends on the requirements of the state as to licensing, so check with your local DMV. Usually you must be in current status or show at a minimum an employment authorization document to be able to drive.

4. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

Answered . If you get a work permit, you can use that to get a DL.

JP Sarmiento
    Free Consultations (email /phone/in-person)
    (216) 573-3712
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com