My vehicle was hit by an unsecured gate on a construction site.It swung open and my car is considered a TOTAL LOSS...

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Orleans, LA

The manager of the construction company only put me in a rental for two weeks, now I have to give the rental back and I am without a car. The company's insurance company has never called me. The construction manager is offering to pay KBB value for my vehicle, but is not telling me that he will provide me with another vehicle or anything toward it. My car loan company wants me to keep paying for the vehicle eventhough it is totaled. All I want is a working vehicle! What do I do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have auto use that for your total out loss claim. Otherwise consult a local property damage attorney. Also see if you have gap insurance if you are upside down on the value of your car vs. your loan payoff.

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney .... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should receive fair market value

  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are entitled to the Fair Market Value of your loss. If you have insurance, you should talk with them about your total loss.

Related Topics

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,117 answers this week

3,638 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,117 answers this week

3,638 attorneys answering