My vehicle was hit by an unsecured gate on a construction site.It swung open and my car is considered a TOTAL LOSS...

Asked about 1 year ago - New Orleans, LA

The manager of the construction company only put me in a rental for two weeks, now I have to give the rental back and I am without a car. The company's insurance company has never called me. The construction manager is offering to pay KBB value for my vehicle, but is not telling me that he will provide me with another vehicle or anything toward it. My car loan company wants me to keep paying for the vehicle eventhough it is totaled. All I want is a working vehicle! What do I do?

1. Michael R Crosner

4

Answered . If you have auto use that for your total out loss claim. Otherwise consult a local property damage attorney. Also see if you have gap insurance if you are upside down on the value of your car vs. your loan payoff.

Pro

4

Answered . You should receive fair market value

3. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . You are entitled to the Fair Market Value of your loss. If you have insurance, you should talk with them about your total loss.