My Unemployment hearing is postponed, what should i do next?

Jacksonville, FL |

I have chronic arthritis and after 9 years of working for a company they set me up and fired me for security policy!
I am getting unemployment and they requested for appeal, so I requested for production twice and unemployment followed my request and asked them for documents! they never responded and I finally asked for continuance and hearing officer also granted my request.

Unemployment officer is going to re-schedule my hearing, but my question is, if they don't sent the material that I requested can I continue to ask for continuance and what will happen next and what should I do next?

P.S I am asking for documents because there is no evidence that I did wrong and it was just a set up and I'm afraid if they lie and say something unexpected!

If they are not cooperating with discovery requests, you would be wise to seek counsel. Most legal aid offices handle unemployment compensation hearings, and I would encourage you to call Jacksonville Area Legal Aid to see if you can get assistance.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Recommended articles about Employment