My Uncles estates probate started in 1996 & still is showing activity, last in 2009. The only family members left of my Uncle

Olympia, WA |

...are my Sister & I...Our Dad was left the residuary but died>(11/16/2001) before everything in our Uncles Will got distributed. Our Dads ex non adopted stepson who's an Attorney got everything, we were next in line to recieve the residuary if our Dad didnt survive our Uncle. We were never notified by the administrator of our Uncles passing or ANY of the probate hearings. The estates Final Accounting was in 2001, yet shows 2002, 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007, 2008,2009 for distributions being still made. Since my Sister & I never recieved ANYTHING out the estate & were not even aware of his passing until late 2009. Ive gone thru alot of the courts doc's accounting & have found numerous accounting inconsistencies. Some appear fraudulent. Nobody has been looking after the estate sinc .see part 2

Part 2...since 2001. My Dads stepson ended up with everything of our uncles estate. We got zero, we didn't even get a notice! Since nobody is looking after his estate now(since 2001)..&we found all the accounting inconsistencies, who's responsible for this? We got nothing out of the estate & everything went to exactly who our Uncle did not want it to go to THE STEPSON! What happens if we want to bring this action to court since we are the ONLY family left? If it is fraud what happens in a case such as this one?

1. Why haven't you hired an attorney to investigate what's going on?
    You expect to get an answer from someone on this site who has not reviewed the case file?

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

2. You need to have a Washington probate attorney look at this RIGHT AWAY, (assuming the probate is open in Washington). Probate matters do not get easier and less expensive with the passage of time. At least, if an estate is still open, the court already has jurisdiction and you will not need to pay, in order to reopen the file. You need to get ALL of the probate file so your attorney can review it.

James Frederick

*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

3. Make sure you have a copy of the file and I can set up an interview later this week. I'm up in Seattle, but we can arrange a meeting and would be happy go over everything. My number is below in the disclaimer.

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC